Guideline for handling and use of greenhouses film
- Handling and storage of the film:
- Particular care should be taken when loading, transporting, unloading and stocking our products.
- Don't drag any of the rolls on the floor. Warranty will be void in case of mechanical damage or damage caused by mishandling.
- Store the rolls in a shaded, dry place protected from direct sun light.
- The rolls should be stored horizontally on a smooth and dry surface in the original wrapping.
- e. Employ proper inventory control so that rolls are not kept in storage for more than 10 months.
- Site preparations:
- Reinforce your greenhouse, tunnel, shade house or any other type of structure. Please make sure to replace defective parts so that your structures are in good working order.
- Replace any defective poly lock profiles with new ones.
- Remove any sharp edges which might damage the film; making sure that any objects that come in contact with the film have a smooth surface.
- Cover the edges and the protruding parts with Polyethylene strips.
- Paint all metal or wooden parts that come in contact with the covering film using acrylic based white paint. Installing the film on dark frames and profiles (metal and or wood), accelerates the film’s deterioration.
- Re-paint the above mentioned parts as necessary.
- Replace any rusty metal parts since rusted metal will cause film deterioration.
- When new metal greenhouse is used since rusted metal will cause film deterioration.
- Film installing:
- The film should be installed when outdoor temperatures are between 15-25 ° C. Avoid installing the film during hot weather or during cold weather.
- When installing the film, note the film’s instructions which are printed on the film. The Anti-fog (anti-drip) should be directed towards the inside of the greenhouse (facing the greenhouse). If you are not sure, please contact Poly-Ag for additional instructions.
- Unpack the rolls just before installation. Don't leave the rolls unpacked and or exposed to sun light.
- Stretch the film evently across the greenhouse. The film should be stretched enough to avoid sagging during hot weather without over stretching the film.
- Install all films at the same time.
- Make sure not to damage the film when inserting it into the profile or by using nails.
- Do not place assembly tools or sharp objects on the cover film.
- Repair holes and tears in the film using adhesive tape suitable for PE film.
- Installing the film on treated wood and or using disinfectant substances will accelerate the film’s deterioration.
- A steel green-houses must be galvanized.
- After installation
- During the hot weather, the greenhouse should be well ventilated to avoid overheating and thermal degradation.
- When shading nets are used over the plastic film, make sure that the nets are secured; if left unsecured they will cause damage to the film.
- Clean the film (as necessary) only with water and a sponge or cloth, do not use a brush. Use clean water only; using polluted water which contains chemicals will accelerate the film’s deterioration.
- Film whitening must be done only if necessary. When it is done; it must be with a suitable shading paint only.
- Cover film dimensions
- Film width: the film width should be calculated according to each structure.
- Film length: the length of the film should be about calculated according to the greenhouse/tunnel length.
- Film warranty
The films are under warranty from A.A. Politiv (the manufacturer) against deterioration due to UV radiation as determined by the specified period. The specified period begins when the films are installed on the greenhouse. . In case the films were installed on the greenhouse later than 10 months from the date of delivery; the production date shall be considered as the starting date of film’s life.
The manufacture warranties the product, , only if the above instructions were followed. In the event of premature failure (film’s tensile strength at break has fallen below 11 N/mm2) due to UV degradation, A.A. Politiv will offer the following discount on the purchase of a replacement film only:
%Discount = (expected lifetime – time to failure)/expected lifetime x 100.
No warranty is offered and no liability is undertaken for replacement costs or for damages to crop, loss of profit or indirect or consequential damages.
- In the event of premature failure of any kind, the user is responsible to take measures to minimize any further damage.
- Mechanical damage: failure due to mechanical damage of any kind, including impact, puncture, scratches, tears, contact with sharp edges of the greenhouse structure etc. is expressly excluded from this warranty.
- Effect of the elements: failure due to strong wind, hale, storm or any other extreme weather conditions is expressly excluded from this warranty.
- Overheating the film has an adverse effect on the film’s lifetime. Hot air should be directed away from the film.
- Exposure to chemicals: exposure of films to chemicals will void the warranty, chemicals affect the lifetime of the film.
- Handling of claims
- To register a claim, please contact the distributor that the film was purchased from or you may also contact Poly-Ag. Please provide the following information: Type of film, dimensions, complete printed code on the film, date supplied, date installed, date when problem was noticed, type and condition of structure, crop, pesticides used and the frequency with which they were used, quantity of films that failed, which part of the film failed, any other relevant information.
- A sample of at least 1 to 2 SQM (1 to 2 SQY) must be sent to the manufacturer for evaluation.
- In case it is not possible to provide a sample, photographs showing the affected area and the complete printed code must be provided.
- The manufacturer and his representative must be allowed to inspect the site, and must be provided with all relevant information.
- If the performance of the film was affected by any of the previously stated elements such as Mechanical damage, damage caused by mishandling, Overheating, Effects of the elements, or Exposure to Chemicals, warranty of any kind will not apply.
- The user has the right to send the film to an independent laboratory; the tests must be within the guidelines of the manufacturer.